Okay, so here is the cheesy shot of me at the giant slot machine last week while in Las Vegas. We can file throwing money into slot machines as how to NOT save money!
Here are a few great tips I found while on a "Mommy" getaway with a friend. (That's right - 4 days with no kids, or husbands...it was great!)
- Shop around for a flight and hotel package online. These combo packages can be super cheap. Remember to go through Ebates to get a cash back rebate on yoru trip as well.
- Time your trip - I traveled the Tuesday-Friday BEFORE Memorial Day weekend. Not evneryone can do this, but if you can avoid holidays and peak travel times, the savings is signifigant.
- Use Restaurant.com - There are a ton of restaurants on here in Las Vegas and other travel destinations. I was able to purchase a $25 gift certificate for $2. We used it for a nice, Sushi dinner that didn;t break the bank.
- Look into transportation options - A rental car is not always necessary in Vegas, unless you are planning on taking a lot of trips off the strip. Check for a hotel nd airfare package that includes airport transfers as an added bonus.
- Check for hidden hotel fees. Most of the large hotel and casinos have a daily "resort fee" they tack on. These can vary from $10-$30 a day. Check to see what is included in this fee for the best value.
- Visit the Premium Outlets and take your coupons! The Premium Outlet Mall in Las Vegas is worth the cab fare. Be sure to take those printable coupons for the Coach Outlet, GAP outlet, and more with you. I used a 15% off Childrens Place mailer coupon for some great steals.