Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Don't do Dairy? Save Some Money Here

My kids eat dairy products but do not drink milk.  I actually find that I can get Almond and Soy milk cheaper than dairy milk most of the time when I use coupons.

Here are some good links where you can sign up and save:

Almond Breeze - $.50 off any Almond Breeze product
Silk Soy Milk - $1 off any Silk Soy Milk product (this coupon changes, but there is always one available.)
Silk Almond Milk - $.75 off Silk Almond Milk
Coupons.com  - There is a coupon for $1 off So Delicious Coconut Milk right now.
8th Continent - $1 of soy milk

As a side note....
Soy and Almond milks contain the same nutrition as dairy.  I took both my kids, then ages 1 1/2 years and 3 years, off diary milk and ice cream last May when they were both visiting the Ear Nose and Throat doctor ready for tubes.  Before under going this all too common surgery, I though we would give the "no milk" approach a try.  I still allow cheese yogurt, and frozen yogurt, as the protein is different.
My boys have both been ear infection free for 8 months now!  (Knock on wood!)  I have a friend who tried they same thing with 1 year old also with much success.  The constant runny nose?  Gone!
I am no doctor, but if you kids have chronic ear infections, I would recommend you do some research and give it a try.  It may not work for everyone, but it did for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment