Monday, January 31, 2011

Why Walgreens Works


Here's what I picked up at Walgreens today.  Check out the math on this deal:
Total for 8 items $16.86
Minus coupons - $7,81
Minus Register Rewards - $5
Plus tax + 1.52___________
TOTAL Out of Pocket: $5.57

I received $14 in Register Rewards
Total PROFIT $8.43!  :)


A few notes:

  • I use Hip 2 Save or I Heart Wags each week for coupon match-ups at Walgreens.
  • I found a $4 peelie on the Blink Tears, so rather than being free as I had expected, it ended up being a $4 money maker!
  • I had intended to buy the Scott Naturals paper towels that were on sale, but my store was completely out of them.
  • If you are new to Walgreens shopping and want to know how to use Register Rewards or why I needed to buy those little pieces of candy as filler items, see my Walgreens 101 post.

No comments:

Post a Comment