Monday, October 25, 2010

What's for Dinner at Mamma's House?

I Thought I would share one of my "go-to" bargain meals and my family's FAVORITE.  Everyone know spaghetti is a cheap meal.  My version is not only delicious, but practically FREE!  I like to sneak lots of veggies in the sauce for my picky kiddos.
Here's how I made it today.  Prices are what I paid out of pocket after sales and coupons
1.3 lbs. ground beef                                                   $.33
Fresh thyme, oregano, and basil from my garden        FREE
2 cans Red Gold Tomatoes                                       $.66
2 jars spaghetti sauce ($1 for 1, $1.50 for the other)  $2.50
Onion                                                                        $.79
Green bell pepper                                                      $.69
4 cloves garlic                                                            $.15
Ronzoni pasta                                                            FREE
Reynolds Slow Coooker Liner (love these!)               $.21
TOTAL                                                                    $5.33!


I sometimes blend crushed carrots or squash into my sauce, and my kids (and husband) never know it!  Even if I add a salad or bread, it's still super healthy and budget friendly.  I like to slow cook my sauce for 5-hours.  Yum!

This is usually enough sauce for about 10 hearty servings.  $.53 a serving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment